Top 6 Open Source React Native Apps In 2019
Importance of React Native Framework
- It saves the time for development
- It renders UI for android and iOS programs
- It is an open source framework which would be compatible with other platforms in the near future
- It is simple, quick and efficient
- It is UI Focused
- Cost reduction
Why React Native?
6 Open Source React Native Apps
If you want to write a better code, you must have knowledge about the open source code. It is the best and effective way to understand how the code is to be written.
Below, I have mentioned the open source react native apps which I follow myself personally.
If you want step-by-step explanation and video screencast of each and every bit, then snowflake would be the best Open Source React Native Apps.
The requirements for using snowflake are as under:
- For iOS Development, you must need XCode
- For Android Development, you need Android Studio
- You may have a newer version of Android SDK or you may use Android SDK 23.0.2 as well
- Also, you must have a Node 4.x or have a newer version of it
- Download Genymotion to test the products in a safe and virtual environment
- Need Android Lollipop 5.0 or the latest version of it
- This app uses a single code to run on both platforms that are Android and iOS.
- A user can modify their profile
- Protected forms
- Display spinner
- It displays invalid login parameters
- This app is unique and it uses Tcomb Form Library to build forms which is extremely easy
- Validate.js handles the user input and it displays appropriate messages for valid commands given by the users.
Wow….! This is a big deal. You can have tons of things from this React native app. Good code structure that follows UI Components implementation in contrast with native.
- This app provides you with the scores and stats for the completed games and as well as for the games that are in progress but not yet completed
- It displays full stats of a player about their career and for a season
- Moreover, the team can have their stats for a season using this app
- Also, it has conference rankings and league leaders
- The app shows detailed stat graphs of the game player
- Features like videos, highlights and comparison of 2 players are coming soon
HackerNews app is designed to create an app that uses the components of React Native framework without going into difficult architectural know-how.
- This app uses the version 0.20 of React Native
- If you want to view the source pages, this app provides the feature of Web View
- You can also use the options of the comments and sub comments
- It has a pagination (periodically assigned numbers to pages) list view
It’s a single codebase calculator for Mac App, Web and Mobile. This app is a blend of ReactJS and React Native program. It also tells us that how to design your codebase to reach its potential.
- This app needs babel and es6 syntax
- For iOS and android apps, it uses react native
- Desktop app and website app uses the react
- To package the desktop app, it needs NW (Node Webkit) and electron
- Flux is required for data management
- Also, grunt is used to develop the builds
- To bring styles in the build, the app requires CSS-loader
- Moreover, the development phase uses web pack for hot reloading
- This app runs on both Android platform and IOS platform
- The app is able to run as desktop app or website app.
f you want to learn about how to deal with the Api’s of the third party, then Finance app is a good app for you.
- Status Bar
To control the status bar of this application
- App Registry
Used to run all react native apps
It is an interface that is used to allow interaction between both incoming and outgoing app links
A module used to detect the platform where the app is running
- List View
Represents vertically flow of data
- Style Sheet
Just like CSS Style sheets
Supports nesting, styling and touch handling
- Refresh Control
List view or scroll view use this component to refresh functionality
Display images like static resources, images from local disk, etc.
- Text Input
Input text into the app using a keyboard
- Toolbar Android
Used to wraps the android-only Android Toolbar Widget
Supports layout using flex box, style, accessibility, touch handling
- Touchable Highlight
Use anywhere as button or a link on web. When the button is being pressed by the user, it darkens the view’s background.
This is one of the best Open Source React Native Apps created by React Native itself. You can use this app on your mobile device. If you are using iPhone, then go to the IOS App Store and download this app from there. And, if you are using Android mobile then go to the Google Play Store and download the app.
- It needs Android Studio for the Android tools and Android SDK
- IOS simulators and build toolchain needs XCode 8.3+
- To build this app with Facebook functionality then it needs Facebook SDK (iOS)
- Facebook has given the facility to clear the history just like deleting cookies or clear the history of a web browser
- Make your own personalized schedule
- Enables you to search about the topics of your interests
- Session videos
- Accessible maps